Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sun, Snow, Politics and Facebook

So, it's been awhile since I've posted. This would be a combination of nothing to say and no time to say it.  But, this weekend has caused me to start back up again.  It's been a weekend of very interesting juxtapositions.  Friday, was a beautiful day, though breezy, it was a great time for the nephews to come and fish.  Relatively warm with the promise of a real Texas spring jsut around the corner.   I've been busy working on our soon to be vegetable garden.  Will post about this soon... And this is always an exciting time for year for me.  Looking for those moments when you can truely enjoy nature and the bounty it offers.

Then came Saturday.. Blistering cold and blowing winds.  It caused a spiraling back into the winter gloomies. I mean.. I went to a lovely baby shower with a sweet friend, and then proceeded to come home, pull on the sweat pants, and laid down to sleep and hope the weekend would quickly pass.  It's March.. As I've always said I live in Dallas because it's warm and winter only lasts 3 months (Dec, Jan, & Feb).  This is March, come on!! 

Not only that, but it kept getting worse, waking up Sunday to 8" of snow.  This brings me to FB.  I'm getting tired of the super seriousness and lack of inventiveness on that site.  I make a joking comment about the Dallas weather as an example of the planet not heating up and get jumped on.. Seriously people, lighten up.

And the last of the happy topics... politics.  I'm not sure if I'm for or against the new health care bill, I'm just ready for a decision already.

Good thing it's suppose to warm up again on Tuesday.. I think my mood needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment