Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Harvest

After building a garden, buying seeds, watching weather reports, trying out transplants, killing transplants, buying transplants, and more, we have our first harvest....RADISHES...
Right out of the garden (on the left)  Cleaned and ready to eat (on the right)





For some this may look like a small harvest.  But his is in ONE SQUARE FOOT of garden.  My plan is not to have rows and rows of one vegetable, but to have variety.  Just enough of each so we can enjoy them without hating them.  For someone who use to call herself a "brown thumb" because I killed everyint, I'm pretty happy about these. 

Even better, is they were great!  I hate grocery store radishes - bitter and harsh, but these are sweet and have a nice little bite.  T & I have been enjoying them all weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment