Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Beauty of a Garden

It's been a rough year so far.  I won't get into the details or bore you with all that has happened, but let's just say it's been rough. I thought as the winter turned to spring it would get easier and I would have happier news to talk about, but it hasn't and I don't.
 
That being said, the one light that I have every day is my garden.  This year we decided to add a second one as I mentioned.  And with that came a bounty of options for planting.  I really planned out the garden this year, not just throwing in plants and seeds where ever they fit. 

I get up in the morning and want to go see what's growing and what's changed from the night before.  When I get home everyday, it's one of the first things I do.  The dogs have begun to understand that what comes out of the big boxes tastes good, and so they follow me all over, sniffing and searching for something.  For those few minutes, when I'm out there, trimming back plants, looking for what to harvest and admiring all of the potential, I'm happy. 

"Lord, make us mindful of the little things that grow and blossom in these days to make the world beautiful for us."



- W.E.B. du Bois

No comments:

Post a Comment