Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Garden Refresh

July is just around the corner and in Texas that means summer is in full swing.  Over the past few weeks, we've had an overabundance of crop to fill our kitchen.  I've had great dinners, given some away, canned alot, stocked, freezer and the frig.  But, now that we are going into constant 100F days, it's time to "start" the fall crop.  Neil Sperry said in a recent FB post, ..."(whether) carrying spring plants over makes any sense. (It seldom does make sense.)" and I've decided that he has a point.  Last year, we nursed a tomato plant to no avail, so this year, we're starting over.

Spring/Summer Garden


 And this weekend, the beginnings of the Summer/Fall garden!  I've removed about 10 tomato bushes that are done with their crop and have 2-3 more to go.  I've added 4 new tomato plants for fall production as well as butternut squash seeds. This is the first real Fall garden (usually I'm too late), so I'm pretty excited.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment