Monday, November 9, 2009

And so it begins..

Day 1... And though I'm not sure how many of these I'll have, I thought I would start. Everyone nowadays, seems to have a blog, and so I thought why not. But, what would I blog about? Well, the one thing I really love (besides my family) is cooking so I figured I would start there.
I realized this weekend that as part of cooking, I love canning and preserving. I love the ability to take locate produce and find a way to save it for later. Now, I don't really want to go and buy fruit or vegetables at the local grocery store and then preserve them, but instead figure out a way to keep the fresh flavors of my neighbors pears, or the berries we picked over the summer.
So the thought is that I can talk about that.. cooking and canning and preserving and whatever else food does for me.
I don't expect this will be an everyday thing, but when it suits me, when I feel like I have something to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment