Tuesday, January 24, 2012

12 Months of Gardening

So, they say in North Texas that you can garden 12 months of the year.  Unlike in the North, where the growing season is short and everything is planted together, we have "two" growing seasons, one in the spring and one in the fall.  Last year was my first attempt at broadening gardening across these two seasons with some successes.
But, in the end I didn't have quite the "stamina" to garden through the holidays.  So, after a break, we're prepping the garden and getting ready for spring.  First step is getting rid of the old (sounds like a new year's resolution)...



This year, since we are looking at moving (more land is the goal), we decided to go "small" and not plant too much in case we do move.  Although I don't mind sharing the vegetables of my labor; I don't want to hand over a full garden to someone else. :)
So, recently we went seed shopping...And the result:



Uh, yeah.. I can see the "small garden's" not going to be my plan this year - these are just the seeds, they don't even include the planned tomato, potato, and pepper transplants. :)

And so, we're ready (or almost ) -  just need February  to arrive and let the planting begin!  Oh, and I decided to take a class this past weekend on spring gardens, so more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment