Monday, January 16, 2012

Comfort food...or not

I find as the weather turns, and it gets cooler outside that I turn more and more to comfort food.  Whether that be soups, stews, casseroles, or just hearty warm fare.  I always love settling into the kitchen during the winter.

Unfortunately, all though last winter I could have cooked forever, this year the weather is not cooperating with my need to bring on the soup!  Do you know today it was 72 - It's MLK, the middle of January and it was 72!  This is not winter, this is torture.  One of the best ways to "enjoy" the blazing hot summers around here is to have a little bit of cold to balance it with.  I don't need a week of ice, but come on!

 back to cooking my green chicken chili...let's hope for some cooler weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment