Thursday, January 26, 2012

Phenomenal French Toast

So, a girl that I work with has chickens.  Actually, several people I work with have chickens.  I grew up in this area, and I never knew anyone with chickens, but now I know at least 3!  How times have changed!?!
Hopefully someday I'll have my own chickens.
What's interesting about that statement is I don't like eggs.  I've tried then 10 different ways, and I don't like the "egginess" of them.  And, as I've heard, "fresh" eggs have more "egginess" than market eggs. So, why would I want chickens?  I keep thinking, if I keep trying I'll finally figure out how to cook eggs so I like it.
But, that's not really the reason for this post, just the beginning of it! :)
This girl I work with gave my DH and I 2 dozen eggs!  What was I to do with 2 dozen eggs?  So, I've been trying to find new ways to add the eggs into our (really my) diet.
When I was a kid, I disliked french toast, it was too "eggy."  Pancakes, Waffles, wonderful but French Toast, yuk!
So, Sunday I was watching recorded TV and someone was making French Toast and I thought - hmmm. that looks yummy.  So, tonight we tried this recipe for dinner and it was phenomenal!  I could have eaten an entire loaf!  Like the plate AND we got to use some of those great farm fresh eggs.

So, I'll share with you where I found that great recipe  - pass it on..
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/07/french-toast-with-berry-butter/

And, now I have a reason for my own chickens....

No comments:

Post a Comment